Monday, December 17, 2007

Continue To Be SAHM vs Working?

Mummy would become grouchy wanting to quit as SAHM when angry with Little Darling especially when he is not behaving well and keeps annoying mummy. Mummy always thinks that he will be more disciplined if he attends formal lessons taught by trained teachers. But mummy was in dilemma last week! Working or continue to be our little Towkay’s maid? Eventually made up mind this afternoon to continue be our little Towkay maid for may be another one more year before back to working life!

A head hunter company approached mummy to go for a job interview as a Regional Finance Manager two weeks ago. Mummy has no confidence at all that people will pick me but just thinking of going for a feel of the market and gain back some confidence. More than eight years has passed since my last interview. That is a big US company with more than 30 offices worldwide. The role of this position is to handle Asia Pacific group accounts and all other finance related matters covering India, China, Korea, Australia, Philipines and Sinagapore. I like this job very much as a lot of exposure, a lot of new tasks that I am looking forward to do like involves in acquisitions and mergers, business studies and controlling, investment possibilities, set up system in the new acquired companies etc.

I hesitating to accept this job after the second interview with the immediate superior - The Global Financial Controller because he mentioned that travel is needed but I was told travel is not compulsory and I can ‘remote control’ from Sinagpore during my first meeing with the HR Manager.

I rejected the invitation for third interview with the Finance Vice President and the local Vice President initially. However I went on with the interview after I learnt that the Finance Vice President was purposely made this trip to Sinagpore to meet the potential candidates. I thought I would be rejected by him! Who knows, I was selected. This supposedly a good news but turned into a headache beacause the travel requirement. A teleconference was arranged for me to talk to the HR Vice President immediately in the afternoon on the same day to negotiate on remuneration package. I still did not intend to accept the job due to the frequent travelling. After that there were numerous telephone communications from the company to persuade me to join them and they offered me a fantastic remuneration package.

That was an attractive offer no less in terms of $$$. With that amount of income, daddy and mummy can retire many years earlier then plan, daddy and mummy can provide our Little Darling a luxurous life style, can buy him branded stuff & fantastic toys, bring him for wonderful tours etc. But…….. I just could not make up my mind to leave our Little Darling with other caretaker (either baby sitter or childcare center). He just a 15months+ old baby, he couldn’t tell if he falls down, falls sick, unhappy or bitten by others. I am worried that he might feel insecure when he could not find mummy for so many hours. He may feel sad and worried when he needs mummy yet could not find mummy around. He may feel anxious and miserable when he needs hug and kiss yet mummy not with him! After a balance exercise, between the income and the importance of our Little Darling, I think nothing is more important than our little one. Material gains are nothing compared to our little one! Moreover daddy did not approve my ‘resignation’ as SAHM!


One week was over and I have to reply them this afternoon. I felt so sorry to disappoint them, to insist on not accepting the post. But looking back I have no regret for my decision! Though I may feel like back to work when Little Darling too naughty and his mischievious behavior upset me… but that just thoughts only! I will only feel safe and contented when hugging our little Darling in my arms! :-)

No comments:

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker