Saturday, November 15, 2008

Little Darling's 2nd Week In The Childcare Center

10 Nov 2008 Monday
Mummy started work today. Daddy was charged with bringing Little Darling to school everyday since daddy starts work later than mummy. Heard from daddy that Little Darling was wailing when teacher took him from Daddy.



Mummy left office on the dot rushing to fetch darling from childcare, we had promised him that we would fetch him as early as we could and not let him be the last one to leave the center. Little darling was playing blocks with an ang moh jie jie at the common hall when I arrived. He started to wail loudly when he saw me and asked for hug hug and kiss. Teacher said he was doing well except he carried on and off. He would ask jie jie (the one playing with him) to hug him when he was crying! He skipped his afternoon milk and nap! He looks so haggard. Heartache but have to bear with it! Sigh!

On our way home, he told me that darling sad sad! After his quick dinner, I let him had an early night, off to bed at about 8pm after drinking some milk. Poor thing! Must be extremely tired! He fell asleep immediately when he landed on the mattress.

Little Darling did not sleep well throughout the night, woke up many times in the middle of the night to cry and ask for daddy and mummy. Guessed he must have felt insecure staying with teacher and friends in the center. What a tough day for our darling!

11 Nov 2008 Tuesday
Little Darling stayed home today. Daddy took leave to stay home with him as the center was having concert rehearsal in the morning. I would like him to stay home to have his afternoon nap.
Daddy complained that Little did not take nap in the afternoon and refused to drink milk. Darling complained that his mouth was painful when I gave him porridge. When I checked his little mouth which he refused to open wide, I saw two small ulcers. I took it lightly thinking that may be due to the fact he did not drink enough water in the past few days.

It was when he refused to suck milk during bedtime that I was shocked. I then insisted he open his mouth wide to let me take a look. I almost fainted! His mouth was full with tiny ulcers. And there were some tiny faint red sports on hands and legs. He was suffering from a small fever! Goodness me! We quickly rushed to the nearest kid clinic. Doctor diagnosed that was HFMD which we find it hard to to believe. How could it be so fast that he caught the virus? I most weary of HFMD yet he contracted it within such a short period of time! Now I was clear why he refused to drink or nap and was unable to have good sleep!

12 Nov 2008 Wednesday
It was only the third day after started working when I had to take unpaid leave to stay home to take care of our Little Darling. He refused to drink and eat. I forced to pump him fluid using syringe. He complained of mouth painful and I fully understood that.

13 Nov 2008 Thursday
It was only the third day after started working when I had to take unpaid leave to stay home to take care of our Little Darling. He refused to drink and eat. I forced to pump him fluid using syringe. He complained of mouth painful and I fully understood that.


14 Nov 2008 Friday
Things were slightly better today; Little Darling was willing to drink sucking from straw and this saved us the pump. He started to eat some light porridge.

15 Nov 2008 Saturday
We did not go to SM class. Little one was awake at 8.30am, some waking-up the night before, in the middle of the night. Little darling drunk a lot of water and took some porridge, still with mouth pain complaints at times.

No comments:

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker