Thursday, July 19, 2007

Fake Measles

10 July 2007

I was shocked when bathing Little Darling this morning because there were rashes (many tiny red spots) on his stomach and forehead. More rashes but fever subsided when I checked again at 10.30am. I was wondering if it was dengue so quickly we sent him to our pediatrician (PD). PD said he was having fake measles which would fade away latest by Saturday. Little Darling looked very tired. He was in no mood to play or smile. He slept the whole afternoon; on and off he awoke crying.

13 July 2007

Rashes faded and Little Darling’s appetite was recovering. He started to eat some porridge.


16 July 2007

Second shock! Little Darling’s cheeks, chest, back, hands and legs were full with rashes! Other than this, no fever. Again fake measles was back! This round more rashes, rashes appeared in areas that were not previously covered. My mum said this could be due to residue virus from the previous round, re-imerged after ‘liang cha’ Little Darling had yesterday!


17 July 2007
Not much changes. Little Darling was sad, he no longer pulled a wide smile when seeing himself in the mirror, he made funny faces instead. I felt a pang of heart-ache but I could do anything to help him. How I wished I could be sick in his place.

18 July 2007
The rashes had subsided. I hoped Little Darling had fully recovered from ‘fake measles’ …… sigh! He had lost weight as a result of not eating well in the past two weeks!

No comments:

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker